Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Good news and bad news!

To family and friends of Jennifer:
We have good news and bad news.  First the good news.  The Lord's tender mercies continue to bless Jennifer.  Because of one beautiful blessing to the family of a teacher at Diamond Ridge Elementary where Jennifer did her teaching internship for the 2012-2013 school year, a teaching opportunity has come to Jennifer.  In order for her to be able to take advantage of this wonderful blessing, instead of coming home the week before Christmas she will be coming home the week before Thanksgiving.  We of course are very happy to have her home early, but she meets it all with mixed emotions.  Jennifer wrote on Monday "Wow, thank you soo much Daddy. I really don't know how to thank you enough for all that you have done to help in this process. I believe you are right that a number of prayers are being answered and that this is what Heavenly Father wants me to do. It's a little hard to accept that I will be coming home so soon and tears are running down my cheeks right now as I think of how sad I am to leave, how happy I am to come home and how grateful I am to you and Mrs. Koji and Terri and most of all Heavenly Father for allowing all this to work out."
The bad news is that Jen's mission president had a troubling experience last week in that he was robbed and temporarily kidnapped. You can read about it on KSL.com or by clicking on the link below. 
President and Sister Robertson

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31786327&nid=148&title=armed-bandits-held-robbed-mormon-mission-president-in-argentina&s_cid=queue-9#
We of course are somewhat anxious by this news and would ask for your prayers in behalf of Jennifer and all the missionaries in Buenos Aires or around the world for her and their continued safety.
I have appreciated the opportunity to share this blog.  Jen got it all set up for me and taught me how to do it. Even though I'm sure there are things I could have done better, I have learned a little bit on this journey.  I had no idea when we started this project how far reaching it would be.  People from many states and countries have followed the blog whether they have met Jennifer or not.  We have felt of your love and support and are grateful that Jennifer has been able to share her experiences and testimony during her mission through this blog.  Again thank you for remembering her in your prayers. 
Pam Millet
aka Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment