Monday, October 27, 2014

(fe)licidad

Dear Family:

My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!  So yesterday we were studying before church and had about 15 more minutes before we needed to head out when I received a call from Felisa, our less active sister who can't walk. She was alone and needed someone to help her change and give her breakfast etc. I didn't feel like I could say no so we walked as fast as we could the 20 minutes to her house and helped like a tornado to get everything done.

I knew it would be completely impossible to make it to church on time but luckily our wonderful investigators who live relatively close would be going in their car. I called and begged for their help and they swung by on their way to pick us up. In the car was Rafaela, Daniel, Jaqueline (the menos activo) and her 6 year old daughter (my new best friend) Candela. Well, as we're driving we hit a bump and Candela's gum falls out of her mouth right into my  hair. We tried getting it out on the way but to no avail.

So I arrived late to church with a big wad of gum in my hair haha. Luckily I was so stressed out about everything all I could do was laugh and later that day when we finally went back to the pench I was able to get most of it out (or most of my hair-one or the other) and now it's basically normal.

Hooray for the mission!

What?  Gum in my hair!
Okay, I'll finally get to writing my official letter. I was enjoying too much reading all about you all and your wonderful lives. It'll be short then, sorry.

This week in district meeting our district leader put on the board for us the word: (fe)licidad and we talked about how happiness is not really possible without faith.  (Fe means faith in Spanish and felicidad is happiness) If I have learned anything in my mission it is that faith really is the key to everything, especially happiness.

Daniel, Rafaela, Sofia and Ramon
Right now we are really focused on Rafaela and her family. I want so badly for them to experience the happiness that I know they deserve and that their Heavenly Father wants for them but I know that without faith it will not be possible. Right now Rafaela and Daniel (her son) are both showing great signs of faith in reading, coming to church, praying for answers, etc. but what I am learning in my own experiences and with them is that the real test of our faith, and therefore the real chance for happiness comes when we make the hard decisions.

Right now Rafaela is in a difficult situation in which she is juntado without acutally having relations with this man. She likes to have the family feel of him and her daugther around to have someone to take care of but they don't sleep in the same bed or have any kind of relationship. She doesn't want to marry him but also doesn't want to loose the family that she has grown accustomed to.

Daniel is also struggling to have hope that God really exists and loves him and that he can make commitments and give his life over to God. He is reading but says he stills feels uncomfortable praying.

Sometimes I wish I could have the faith of Nephi:

3 Nephi 7:18 "for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily."

That is the power of faith. I want so badly to develop that faith and bring about the change in their hearts. I know it will come, whether through my faith or the faith of my companion, or future missionaries that they will be able to make these changes in their lives and receive all of the happiness available in the gospel.

These last few weeks have served to be a little more difficult in the finding aspect of the work, however, I would walk all day in the sun for the next four weeks just to give thanks to my Heavenly Father for the miracles he has let me be a part of in this past 16 months.

I love this gospel soo much. I am so grateful for the happiness I find in it.

I hope you all too can find the joy in the journey this week and the faith to lead to happiness. I love you!

Hermana Millet

A few random notes just because I want to share:

Familia Alldredge was just transferred to the offices so they are now in Ramos. HOORAY!

I am singing in a choir that will perform when we have 2 members of the 12 apostles come the weekend before I leave!

I ate probably my first and last super delicious chocolate cake yesterday.

Rafaela and her family love my wannabe our brownie recipe.

I'm sick. :(  I'm determined not to need to take a day off though because I haven't had to do so in 18 months.

The primary president asked me to help play for the primary program and then we realized it's on the 23rd! Ah how cruel.

I'm going to cook all sorts of wonderful Argentine food for you when I get home.

I'm not going to be sad for one minute that I get to leave before it gets any hotter. I'm already starting to die.

I think that's all.

I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment