Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Amamos Ramos!

Family,

How are you all! I hope you have a wonderful Labor day! I hope you remember how much I love you!

To answer some of your questions, yes, I have a washing machine! I have been washing all my clothes by hand although I did take some of them to a Laudromat twice.

So we went to Subway last week (not the same but still
really good) and they had the Mundial chips.  I don't know
if they exist there in the states, but here they have chips for
every country with special flavors from their signature food.
Obviously, Argentina is enserio...it tastes like asado!
Gotta love Argentina!

Asado Lays.  Yes, they do exist.
We are way closer to the offices and are there at least twice a week now. They are actually in my area (the offices are attached to our church building). That part is nice because I get your letters and packages every day and can get help when we need it.

Have I told you how this woman is the daughter of the
Relief Society President in Bragado?  She filled me in on
Sunday that David and Cecilia went to the temple Saturday.
Yay!
I think you already heard that we had a Relief Society activity
on Saturday and each ward had a decade.  We were the 40's
(totally the classiest) and so we dressed up the best we could.
These are our 40's faces as we tried not to laugh.
The city is waaaay different. To be honest I really miss campo, but I'm trying to enjoy Ramos. We can walk all day and not teach any lessons here and finding new investigators is really hard. We also have a hard time getting members to help us. There are little experiences that are great because I'm still a missionary preaching the gospel, but I think I'm more of a country girl.

This is the back of my planner.  It's there to remind me
what life used to be like before I had blisters on my
toes and my legs were killing me. LOL

Here's what's going on here in BAW!

Although we had a few discouraging days without much success  this week it seemed that the Lord blessed us with tender mercies to help us have animo to keep going. On Thursday we had a few lessons fall through and were a little discouraged but that evening we were finally able to have a lesson with a woman named Lorena and her daughter Areseli. They had listened to the hermanas before and like our visits but don't have great desires to act upon what they learn. We talked to them about eternal families and the blessings of the temple. Lorena was really touched by the idea of having her family forever and felt the spirit but when it came time to make a commitment she second guessed herself and began to give excuses. We knew that she had felt the spirit, however, and were extremely bold in responding to her doubts. It was a wonderful moment of feeling the power of the spirit in our words as missionaries. I hope we will be able to help Lorena act upon the knowledge that she now has but I will be able to know that we fought for her salvation.

This is our viajito investigator Alfredo.  Don't mind my
"hurry and get posed before the picture flashes" face.
Friday we had another long day with few moments of success, but on Saturday we learned it was just because Heavenly Father was building us up for an awesome Saturday.

Before lunch we had our first lesson with a street contact named Tito. We said hello to him in the street and he stopped and asked us if we are from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He then proceeded to tell us that he had been to church two weeks before! He told us he is searching for more peace and direction! We were able to teach him on Saturday and when we invited him to be baptized he looked at the picture of Christ's baptism and said, "Yes, that is the true baptism." He literally is a blessing that just fell from the heavens and we are so incredibly grateful! I can't wait to see his progression.

Companions!
Hermana Millet and Hermana Rohm

Hermana Rohm finished her last month celebration
so we bought some really expensive ice cream.
It was sooo good.  We may or  may not have eaten
the whole thing in one sitting. :)
Perhaps the best moment of the week was Saturday night when we were finally able to teach a less active woman that we have been trying to contact since I arrived in Ramos, Jaqueline. She was extremely open with us from the beginning and told us all about her past. She is from Paraguay and her parents are very active in the church. She grew up active but when she married her husband (who is a nonmember) she stopped going. She told us that she knows she has no other excuse and that she just has to make the decision. It is hard to describe how I felt but I was just overcome with love for this woman. As she talked about her desire to come back to church and have her family in the gospel I felt one of the strongest spiritual impressions of my life. I had an overwhelming feeling to promise her that if she will come back to church her husband will eventually accept the gospel. As she talked I felt as though she is my purpose here in Ramos. I know there will be a lot of work to help her but I believe I came to know her for a reason.

This week I went to Atalaya for divisions with
Hermana Stevens.  She lives in good old WVC and
went to Cyprus High School.  She knows Kirsti Henroid,
who I played soccer with, and is in the same ward as a
teacher from Diamond Ridge.  She's also taller than I am.  YES!!
I am so excited to see the work in Ramos begin to move forward. We have so much to accomplish here. I know I have so much to learn and grow before I go home and I am excited to give my all to become what my Heavenly Father wants me to become.

I love you soooo much!

Sincerely,

Hermana Millet

No comments:

Post a Comment