Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vamos Ramos!

Dear Family,

Wow, the email time goes by sooo quickly! Almost as fast as the mission! I can't believe we are in the last week of the transfer. Here are some of the highlights:

Saturday was Mormon Helping Hands.  We went with our stake
to the children's hospital to clean and work in the gardens.
We were a little short on tools and supplies but I wanted
to get a weed out so badly.  We tugged and pulled forever
but finally got it out! Yay!

Service!
This week I was excited that we came a lot closer to reaching our goals than in the past. It is one of my personal goals for the week to plan better throughout the week to reach our indicators. I know it is possible if we focus a little more and plan a little better. Although we are starting small I know that as we reach these goals we have established we will be able to accomplish greater and greater things each week.

Las Hermanas de Ramos Mejia
We had a great break through moment with Alfredo this week when our ward mission leader came with us for a lesson. Our ward is anxious for a baptism and was very excited to have a possibility in Alfredo but when our ward mission leader was able to see his level of understanding he helped us to feel better about postponing Alfredo's baptism and focusing more on other investigators who have greater potential to progress.

I wanted so badly to help Hermana Rohm have one last baptism in her mission. I know that she felt a special connection with Alfredo and had a great desire to see him be baptized this weekend but I felt so much peace when she and our ward mission leader confirmed my feelings that he is not ready. Although I am sad that we will not baptize this month I feel much more peace knowing we are focused more on Alfredo and his needs than our own selfish desires for baptisms. The good news is that he came to church on his own yesterday! Maybe with time he will be ready in the future.

We walked outside Sunday afternoon after church not thinking
it would rain too much...half an hour later we realized
we were wrong.  It was a wonderful WET day!
This week we found another new investigator named Daniela. Following what we learned in the special training we have been focusing on teaching the restoration and establishing her testimony of the Book of Mormon. As a result we have seen some of her doubts more quickly but I believe if she continues and prays with real intent her conversion will be so much stronger.

She didn't feel comfortable going to church on Sunday but she was open with us Saturday night about her fears and we were able to address them. Although she did not come, I believe she sees that we really want the best for her and are not going to pressure her to make decisions just for us, but that we want her to make these changes for her good. I hope to continue to see her progression over the coming weeks.

Visitors!
This past week the hermanas from Bragado came to spend the night in our pench. Unfortunately they didn't get there until about 10:30 so we had a sleepover and were a little disobedient talking in bed until like midnight. I don't know the last time I was up so late!

They brought cute little coin purses that match for each of us because we have all been companions. (Hermana Cuevas was here in Ramos last transfer and now is in Bragado with Hermana Peterson.)

I was able to hear of some of the success in that area. Yesterday one of the investigators I found and taught, Alejandro, was baptized and the rest of his family will be baptized in a few weeks. Another family that we were working to activate has been going to church and their daughter will be baptized this next Saturday. A small selfish part of me was a little sad hearing of all the success that they are seeing but I feel as Alma describes in Alma 29,

14 "But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up tothe land of Nephi.

 15 Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward!

 16 Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy."

I am so happy that they are seeing so much success and I know Hermana Peterson and Cuevas are there for a reason. I also know that I am here in Ramos for a reason and that the success will also come here if I am humble enough to continue learning and developing my faith in this area. I feel excited to keep working this week and develop what the Lord is giving us.

Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers. I love you all SOOOO much!

Sincerely,

Hermana Mijo

P.S. I found the word Millet in the dictionary. In spanish my name really should be Hermana Mijo! Isn't that great!

Tacos with the Ward Mission Leader

Natalia and her family.






No comments:

Post a Comment