Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The work continues.

Family,

Hmm...what to write you about this week. It was kind of a normal week without a lot of amazing stories.

Mom, I liked the potato salad story. Do you want to know how you make potato salad here? Cut up some potatoes, hard boiled eggs, sometimes weird pea things, squirt a bunch of oil on top and mayo and there you go. A whole lot easier than searching at 5 different stores for Durkeys. Maybe you should try it that way. ;)

This week I had a wonderful experience to go on divisions with Hermana Suarez in Salidillos. To be completely honest, I was a little nervous because we did not have the best companionship in the whole world when we were together; however, it was a really learning experience. I hope that I was able to help her but I also know I learned a lot about myself. In my first transfer here I think I was full of pride and selfishness, and I was super lost and confused so I didn't appreciate Hermana Suarez like I should have. In this division I was able to see her more as a person and come to understand her. It was a great lesson for me.

 On Monday night we had a dinner with the Alldridge Family and President. IT WAS AMAZING! She fixed meatloaf with baked potatoes, baked carrots, a real salad with various veggies and DRESSING, rolls, fruit, and cookies. I was in heaven and Hermana Alldridge is an angel. I was also given the command that night that I have to teach my companion English. She has four months left and wants to stay here in Bragado. If she can speak English in like a week President said she can stay. I'm now considered disobedient if I speak Spanish to her.

Dinner with the Alldredges. Yum!!
Tuesday morning we had our zone meeting which turned out pretty well. As part of our little talk/training thing we had everyone write down their fears and then we went outside and burned them. It was pretty cool.

We had a pretty cool experience this week with one of our investigators Cecilia. She is awesome and this week she told us she wanted us to talk to her family so on Thursday she went with us to her parent's house and we taught her Dad, sister-in-law and uncle. We have high hopes for Cecilia and David and all of their family.

We are also working with a kid named Nestor. He just turned 26 yesterday and is great. We started working with him and his dad and to be honest I didn't think he would progress; I was more focused on his father. Since then however, he has been to church twice and loves to hear the lessons. When we showed him a picture of the temple he couldn't stop looking at it. He asked "Can you really be married forever?" Today he asked if he can go to the temple. He really loves church and yesterday commented how he feels so much better there than at his house. Here's the catch: he doesn't want to/can't quit smoking cigarettes and marijuana. He has a pretty terrible home life with a father who drinks and smokes and his mom hasn't been around for who knows how long. It's interesting to think where he could be right now if he were placed in a different family with a different situation. Hermana Morales was praying last night and mentioned that we knew him in the pre existence and promised to help him quit his vices and find the gospel. I loved this perspective. It's so easy to judge people but when I see people like Nestor I know he is a son of God that one day could be a worthy priesthood holder with a forever family. If you have suggestions on how to help him quit let me know!

That's about it for the week. We're working away and trying to improve day by day. I know that this is the true church of Christ. There is nothing I would rather be doing than helping His children learn of Him. I am so grateful for the wonderful family I was born into and for your wonderful examples. Thank you all for your love and support!

I LOVE YOU!

Hermana Millet

No comments:

Post a Comment