Saturday, June 22, 2013

Second letter in two days!

Hola mi familia:

Our Branch President's wife told us to write tonight so you get another letter.  After this I will probably only write on P-day which will be Wednesday.

Today has been so tiring and overwhelming but also really good.  I love my companion.  Did I tell you she is from Reno?  She's only 19 but she is so strong! She is way good at Spanish and so obedient.

Tomorrow we teach our 1st lesson in Spanish for 30 minutes!  Can you believe it?  I had this awesome confirmation today, just as I was getting discouraged with the language, that I'll be able to do it.  My host, who you met, said right away, "The gift of tongues is real.  Believe in it."  I really want to have the faith to make it real for me.

I was cold last night and the blanket is itchy and scratchy.  The pillow isn't great either.  Needles to say, I didn't sleep very well last night.  Hopefully I'll do better tonight.

I miss you and love you but I've totally been blessed to be able to cope so far.  Thank you for your prayers! I'll write again Wednesday.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment