Friday, June 21, 2013

First Letter!

Hola Familia!

Today has been really good.  I missed you at first and was really sad, but then they whisked me away and it's been a crazy whirlwind all day.  At first they had us drop our stuff off, get materials and then go straight to class (all in Spanish - the teacher had to talk REALLY slow for me to catch anything) then I did a quick tutorial thing on the computer, then back to more class.

There are 10 in my district, 8 of which are going to Buenos Aries West, including my companion and the other companionship of sisters (our roommates).  My companion is Hermana Gardner.  She has red auburn hair and is tall - a basketball player.  She is 19 and went to BYU Idaho.  I really like her.  I'm pretty sure from far away we look exactly the same.  I think we'll get along great.

Later we had a cute welcome where they explained what to wear on Sunday for the historic worldwide broadcast for mission presidents.  I get to go, but not be in the choir. Sad!  Dinner was OK, chicken fried steak which I didn't eat a lot of, but I had a salad and fruit.  I also skipped the cookies and ice cream.  Aren't you proud of me?

After dinner we unpacked and then had this awesome teaching experience.  There were about 50 of us and one investigator.  This super awesome sister teacher led a discussion/scenario and we raised our hands and basically handled the whole lesson as a group.  It was SO COOL!  It made me so excited to get out there and start teaching.  The spirit was so strong.  Then we met our DL and STL (Sister Training Leaders).  I really like them.

That is about it.  Tomorrow we're waking up to do Yoga at 6:00 so we can have more than 20 minutes to get ready.  Spanish is hard, but I'm trying.  Pray for me to have the gift of tongues. Running out of time, sorry!  P-day Wednesday!  Email then.

I love you all so much!

Love, Jen aka Hermana Millet :)

P.S. No more crying so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment