Tuesday, August 5, 2014

La Rama de Bragado Esta En Mi Corazon!

Familia:

I'm sorry this letter may be a little short today. I'm afraid I may have spent a little too much time enjoying all your letters and now time is about up! I'm as happy as ever, however, and LOVE each of you sooo much! I hope you enjoy some of our miracles for the week!

This week we began with literally about 0 investigators with potential. For a few weeks now we have been searching to find prepared people but really have just not found those with a sincere desire to come unto Christ and change their lives. Therefore, this week we had no set appointments or investigators progressing to invite members to help us. We still searched for ways to include them but without success. For the first time in my mission we only had 3 lessons with a member for the week. I feel awful about this number and it is not acceptable for me personally, however, I also know that we really did work to include the members each and every day. This week, although our numbers do not reflect it, I feel much better about the situation we are in. We have found some wonderful people in the last half of the week which I really believe have potential to progress.

One of the best experiences of the week occurred Wednesday night. I was in divisions with Hermana Hale and we had not had much success. Almost all of our plans had fallen through and we had just sent a member home because three of our appointments were not there. I was at a loss for what to do so we found a somewhat secluded spot in the apartment complex where we were and said a prayer. After we finished the prayer we headed to contact a referral. We took about two steps up the stairs when I paused and looked behind me to an open door with a family sitting inside. We both immediately turned around to contact this family. They immediately let us in and we ended up teaching a great lesson about the restoration to six new investigators. It was one of the best lessons of the restoration I have had in my mission where I really felt that I was teaching with the spirit. It was such an immediate response to our prayer and I was so incredibly grateful for the tender mercy of my Heavenly Father. From that lesson we now have two families who readily accepted baptismal dates and whom I believe have great potential to progress.

Divisions with Hermana Hale
Another miracle occurred Friday afternoon. Hermana Peterson and I went to contact a member referral in the same apartment complex. We knocked on the door looking for a single man but a woman came to the door and informed us she was his sister. In talking with her in the doorway she explained to us that their sister was in the hospital after having attempted suicide that day. She was extremely sensitive to the spirit and we had a wonderful lesson about the atonement. I know that Heavenly Father wanted us to find this woman and help her and her family. We have plans to talk with her tonight and visit her sister tomorrow. I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in our work. She mentioned that we looked like angels and I just couldn't help but think how little she knows of how much her Heavenly Father loves her and how much he had done to put us in her path to help her.

Unfortunately, neither of these families came to church (not too unexpected after finding them in the second half of the week). I was a little disappointed in sacrament meeting as the sacrament was about to be passed when the doors opened and in walked one of our less active families that we had been teaching since I have been in Bragado. I still had a small bit of disappointment that we didn't have any investigators in church but I just couldn't stay sad as I watched this family partake of the sacrament for the first time in months.

It has been a difficult few weeks without a lot of success but I believe we are now on the upward climb to seeing much more success in the weeks to come.

This Friday we had Super Viernes (Friday) with the branch. Hermana Alldredge has been planning it for months about the pioneers of Bragado. They showed pictures of when the church was in a house and some of the old members talked. It was a lot of fun for them (and for us too although we weren't paying quite as much attention when we had adorable little kids dancing for us and asking us to braid their hair). We listened for a while and then spent a lot of the time in the kitchen heating up the food, which was great because then all the hermanas of the branch could spend their time talking and socializing.

My friends at Super Viernes!
Hermana Alldredge had written a song for the event, which you will get to hear in a few months, and they were planning on singing at the end, however, branch parties in Argentina start at like 8:00 or 8:30 and last until like midnight, which means we couldn't be there to sing. Hermana Alldredge is awesome, however, and called President Robertson to get permission for us to stay out late for the party. We got home and into bed at about 11:00 (only half an hour later than usual) but I was DEAD the next day haha. I'm such a missionary.

Anyway, it was a great night and this is a picture of one of my best friends in the branch, Emma. She was just baptized and comes to Enlish class sometimes. She's adorable.

One of my best friends in the branch, Emma!
Oh and finally, the last miracle. For the Super Viernes (Friday) we had to make a cake but didn't have a mix. As you know, we don't have any type of measuring equipment in the apartment and I don't have any recipes so I decided to wing it and just threw a bunch of ingredients together and made my own! Is your jaw on the floor? It should be. It actually tasted quite good. Maybe I'll teach you how when I get home haha. :)

I LOVE YOU!

Hermana Millet

No comments:

Post a Comment