Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spirit of Service

Conference this year was a little different for our family. We were traveling home from the most amazing spring break trip to California during the Saturday sessions. We were able to catch a few of the talks via the awesome church website and the 3G capabilities of my new iphone (our family isn't big into the whole smart phone movement but my iphone was a beaut on our trip) and the radio but we'll have to go back and watch the rest this week.

Today, after just returning from our trip we all had a lot of laundry, mission requirements, bills etc. to catch up on and our attention wasn't fully devoted to the talks we may want to go back and re-watch some of it as well.

Despite all this, we were all moved to tears by the mission segment played in between sessions this afternoon. As overwhelmed as I am by all the paperwork required in getting a VISA, debating between which raincoat to get, and finding the time for all the shopping and appointments needed, I'm truly so excited to serve the Lord. Although I'm not a 19 year old girl affected by the age change announced 6 months ago I am just as swept up in the spirit of service that the church seems to be experiencing at this time. I know we will change the world as an army of missionaries and I can hopefully chance the lives of a few people I meet in Buenos Aires. As long as I keep in mind the reason for all of the stress involved with getting ready to serve  and rely on the Lord I know I will be blessed in the long run and I focus all my efforts on bringing others to the gospel  of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment